Vapro Mercon®V ATF
VAPRO MERCON®V ATF is a high-quality transmission fluid approved for use in passenger car and light truck automatic transmissions that require a Ford MERCON®V fluid. It is back serviceable for 2006 and earlier model-year Ford vehicles except those that require a MERCON®SP or Type F fluid, and also may be used in most 2005 and earlier model-year GM automatic transmissions.
VAPRO MERCON®V ATF is formulated to provide improved anti-wear and anti-shudder performance compared with previous-generation fluids, as well as better low-temperature properties. It is highly shear stable and has excellent oxidation resistance for long fluid life.
- Ford automatic transmissions where a MERCON®V fluid or earlier-generation MERCON fluids (obsolete) are specified.
- GM automatic transmissions in 2005 and earlier vehicles, except those that require a DEXRON®-VI fluid for warranty coverage, or a Type T-IV or CVT fluid.
- Heavy-duty automatic and power shift transmissions in trucks and buses.
- Power steering systems in many newer Ford vehicles.
- Hydraulic systems on industrial and mobile equipment operating over a wide temperature range.
- Proper frictional properties for smooth shifting and excellent anti shudder performance.
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability for long fluid life.
- Protects against sludge and varnish formation.
- Protects against wear.
- High shear stability.
- Protects against rust and corrosion.
- Excellent low-temperature properties for easier shifting in cold weather.
- Good seal compatibility.
- Good foam resistance.
- Ford MERCON®V (License Nos. M5091001, M5091002,M5091003, M5091004, M5091005).
- Voith DIWA transmissions.
- Allison automatic transmissions in off-highway applications where a C-4 quality fluid is specified.
- ZF Ecomat transmissions.